You will hear us use MakerSpace/Genius Hour/Passion Project and they really all mean the same thing to us. Here is quick video for an overview: Video Overview
- During club time students of all levels are empowered to explore their own passions.
- It provides students a choice in what they learn during a set period of time.
- Students are then challenged to explore something to do a project over what they want to learn about.
- They spend several weeks researching the topic before they start creating a product that will be shared with the class/school/world.
- Deadlines are limited and creativity is encouraged.
- Throughout the process the volunteers facilitate the student projects to ensure that they are on task.
- We will ask for community help to get our supplies once a project is decided upon.
- We will provide a collaborative work space inside a school for making, learning, exploring and sharing that uses high tech tools or no tech tools.
- This club provides hands on learning, help with critical thinking skills and even boost self-confidence.
MakerSpace Blog Posts - click the links below
Approved Student Projects: